Terms and Conditions
Trial Flights are intended to introduce people to the sport of gliding and are not meant to be a “Scenic” or “Joy” flight as follows:
- The Trial Instructional Flight is an introduction to gliding.
- The weight of the person having the Trial Flight must be less than 110 kg.
- The person having the Trial Flight must be double vaccinated against COVID 19 and furnish proof of vaccination.
- You may bring one support person to watch but they too must be double vaccinated.
- Do not bring children and onlookers to the club.
- After a briefing on the glider, you and your instructor will take an aero-tow to 3000 or 4000 or 5000 feet above ground.
- The flight will last approximately 20 to 30 minutes depending on what the weather conditions are like at the time.
- Your instructor will give the person taking the Trial Flight the opportunity to take the controls.
At that time the person having the Trial Flight will become a Temporary Member of the Tauranga Gliding Club for a period of three months.